Everything You Need To Know For The Baccarat Side Event
Buy-in to the Baccarat Side Event: €60
In Baccarat you bet on the winner of a match-up between two hands. The two hands are called the Player and the Bank respectively. The dealer deals both hands according to a set of rules. The aim is to bet on which hand is the closest to a total of nine.
In our ECR 2018 Baccarat side event the total of each hand is calculated by adding the values of the cards together, and then using the last digit. As an example, a hand with 6 and 4 equals 10. Using the last number makes the hand value 0.
You can join this ECR side event by registering for the side event at the registration desk with a €60 buy-in.
Once a seat opens up at the side event hand your buy-in ticket to the dealer to get your 100 chips to play with. Your goal is to turn these 100 chips into 1,500 to move on to the Side Event finals.
The guaranteed prize pool is €2,000.
How Are The Hands Dealt In Baccarat?
Two cards are dealt to the Player and two to the Banker and a third card is drawn according to the following rules:
The Player hand:
- Draws a third card if the total of the initial 2 cards is: 0 – 5
- Player stands if the total of the initial 2 cards is: 6 – 9
Banker draws a third card if the total of the initial 2 cards is:
- 0 – 2 (unless player has a natural 8 – 9)
- 3 (unless player’s 3rd card is an 8)
- 4 (unless player’s 3rd card is 1,8,9,0)
Banker stands if the total of the initial 2 cards is:
- 5 (unless player’s 3rd card is 4,5,6,7)
- 6 (unless player’s 3rd card is 6,7)
- 7 – 9 always stands.
When Player and Banker have the same score, it is considered to be a tie.
The Side Event Rules
- Each player registers to the Baccarat tournament by handing one of their Side-Event tickets to the Dealer and the player receives a stack of 100 chips.
- The goal is to turn the 100 chips into 1,500 chips.
- Minimum bet is 20.
- Maximum bet is 500.
- A player cannot hand in several tickets at once and receive a higher chip stack.
- Re-entry is only allowed once a player has lost his chips.
- If a player wins a seat in the Final, the player is not eligible to enter the same tournament again with another ticket.
- Once a player has reached the target chip stack, he or she has made it into the Final. The player is required to at that point hand over their chips and their ID to the Dealer who will register the player’s name.
- Normal Baccarat rules apply. In the event of argument, the Tournament Director’s decision is final.
- Baccarat Pay-outs are as follows:
- Player bet: 1:1
- Banker bet: 1:1
- Banker bet wins with 6 pays half
- Tie: 8:1
- The Baccarat Side Event opens at 16:00 on Friday 6th and from 14:30 till 16:30 on Saturday 7th.
- The Baccarat Side-Event Finals start at 17:00 on Saturday.
- The rules for the Qualifying round are as follows, you start with a chip stack with a target goal. Once a player has reached the goal, they will be in the final the next day.
- Final is played with the final players sitting at the same table(s). Everyone starts with the same starting stack and the minimum bet is increased every five hands. Game is played until only one player remains.
- The Baccarat Side Event has a guaranteed prize pool of €2,000.
- Prize pool is indicative and based on the amount of players entering the side event. Depending on the amount of players entering, the prize pool may differ.
How Do You Join ECR 2018?
Buy-in to ECR 2018 from ecroulette.com or from any of our main participating casinos today. You can also check out one of the qualifying events to win your entry. Join us from April 5th to 8th for parties, side events and more as over 200 casino fans join us in Malta to fight for the €50,000 grand prize.