Everything You Need To Know For The Blackjack Side Event
Buy-in to the Blackjack Side Event: €60
Blackjack is a casino favourite that is easy to learn with a single goal: get closer to 21 than the dealer without busting by going over. The cards are normally dealt out of a shoe using 8 decks of cards and usually has 7 to 9 betting areas. Each player is given two cards face up whilst the dealer has one card face up.
You can join this ECR side event by registering for the side event at the registration desk with a €60 buy-in.
Once a seat opens up at the side event hand your buy-in ticket to the dealer to get your 100 chips to play with. Your goal is to turn these 100 chips into 1,500 to move on to the Side Event finals.
The guaranteed prize pool is €2,000.
How to Play Blackjack at ECR 2018
To win, you have to get a higher point total than that of the dealer’s hand, without exceeding 21. Should your hand exceed a point total of 21 you bust and the round automatically finishes.
Each card has a point value; all number cards have the same point value as their number whilst jack, queen and king are worth 10. Finally, the Ace can be worth either 11 or 1 depending on your hand.
In our ECR 2018 Blackjack side event the dealer must draw on 16 and stand on all 17s, even if the 17 includes an Ace (valued at 11 in this case). You can draw as many cards as you want, until you reach 21 or as long as you don’t go over 21.
If the dealer exceeds 21 then every active hand remaining is paid out. All winning bets are paid out at 1:1 odds, except for the Blackjack (a two card 21) which pays out 3:2 odds.
The Side Event Rules
- Each player registers to the Blackjack tournament by handing one of their Side-Event tickets to the Dealer and the player receives a stack of 100 chips.
- The goal is to turn the 100 chips into 1,500 chips.
- Minimum bet is 20.
- Maximum bet is 500.
- A player cannot hand in several tickets at once and receive a higher chip stack.
- Re-entry is only allowed once a player has lost his chips.
- If a player wins a seat in the Final, the player is not eligible to enter the same tournament again with another ticket.
- Once a player has reached the target chip stack, he or she has made it into the Final. The player is required to at that point hand over their chips and their ID to the Dealer who will register the player’s name.
- Normal Blackjack rules apply. In the event of argument, the Tournament Director’s decision is final.
- Blackjack Payouts are as follows:
– Player wins: 1:1
– Player wins with Blackjack: 3:2
– Draw: Push
- The Blackjack Side Event opens at 16:00 on Friday 6th and from 14:30 till 16:30 on Saturday 7th.
- The Blackjack Side Event Finals start at 17:00 on Saturday.
- The rules for the Qualifying round are as follows, you start with a chip stack with a target goal. Once a player has reached the goal, they will be in the final the next day.
- Final is played with the final players sitting at the same table(s). Everyone starts with the same starting stack and the minimum bet is increased every five hands. Game is played until only one player remains.
- The Baccarat Side Event has a guaranteed prize pool of €2,000.
- Prize pool is indicative and based on the amount of players entering the side event. Depending on the amount of players entering, the prize pool may differ.
How Do You Join ECR 2018?
Buy-in to the main event from ecroulette.com or from any of our main participating casinos today. You can also check out one of the qualifying events to win your entry. Join us from April 5th to 8th for parties, side events and more as over 200 casino fans join us in Malta to fight for the €50,000 grand prize.